Magnesium supports hundreds of chemical reactions in your body. However, many people get less than they need.
Magnesium supplements have been shown to enhance exercise performance in several studies, but results are mixed.
Magnesium deficiency may be linked to depression. As such, supplementing may help reduce symptoms of depression.
Magnesium supplements may improve blood sugar levels, insulin sensitivity, and other risk factors for type 2 diabetes.
Magnesium may help lower blood pressure levels and reduce several risk factors for heart disease. Still, more research is needed.
Magnesium has been shown to help fight inflammation by reducing markers such as CRP and interleukin-6
People with migraine may have low magnesium levels. Some studies show that supplementing with this mineral may provide relief from migraine attacks.
Some studies suggest that magnesium supplements help improve PMS symptoms, though more research is necessary.
Magnesium is important for bone health. Some studies tie a higher intake to a lower risk of osteoporosis, fractures, and bone loss.
Increasing your intake of magnesium through foods or supplements may help treat certain sleep issues and improve sleep quality. At Native spirit Oils we recommend taking your magnesium through the skin, mainly the feet as the feet have the largest pores of skin on the body. Some studies have shown that magnesium taken through the skin (transdermal) go more directly to the cells that need it. The body uses so much Magnesium each 24 hour period, hence the importance of supplementing. I spray 5 - 10 sprays on each foot every night, my favourite is lavender Magnesium foot spray. the creams can be used for specific areas like shoulders, hips, tummy, temple.
Magnesium may help reduce symptoms of anxiety and decrease stress, but more studies are needed. some studies are starting to prove that a good magnesium intake is directly linked to happy thoughts!
The following foods are rich in magnesium (40Trusted Source):
- Pumpkin seeds: 37% of the DV per ounce (28 grams)
- Chia seeds: 26% of the DV per ounce (28 grams)
- Spinach, boiled: 19% of the DV per 1/2 cup (90 grams)
- Almonds: 19% of the DV per ounce (28 grams)
- Cashews: 18% of the DV per ounce (28 grams)
- Black beans, cooked: 14% of the DV per 1/2 cup (86 grams)
- Edamame, cooked: 12% of the DV per 1/2 cup (78 grams)
- Peanut butter: 12% of the DV per 2 tablespoons (32 grams)
- Brown rice, cooked: 10% of the DV per 1/2 cup (100 grams)
- Salmon, cooked: 6% of the DV per 3 ounces (85 grams)
- Halibut, cooked: 6% of the DV per 3 ounces (85 grams)
- Avocado: 5% of the DV per 1/2 cup (75 grams)
Please consider making your Magnesium product purchases from Native Spirit Oils, we love to help people feel more well, it makes us happy :)